Monday, June 25, 2012

My poor baby

Kolbie has had her a rough couple if weeks. 2 weeks ago she woke up in the middle of the night with a high fever. I went ahead and took her to the doctor and they tested her for the flu since her fever was so high. Turns out the test was POSITIVE influenza virus A strand. She was sick for a solid 7 days with a fever up to 105.2. Sick little girl. Once she broke her fever, she was well enough to go back to school. Or so I thought. The night b4 her 1st day back at school I noticed her ear was draining, but I really wasn't concerned thinking it may just be her sinus' draining from the after shock of the flu. At school the next day her poor ear was like a faucet...so I went ahead and took her back to the doctor. It was a good thing I did too because it turns out she has ruptured her ear drums. Not just the one that was leaking but BOTH her ear drums.
I felt like one guilty Momma. I knew she was fussy and not feeling good but I had no idea she was in so much pain from her ears too. I couldn't help myself but cry to the doctor. She tried to comfort me by sympathizing that kids her age just can't communicate the pain sometimes. It didn't help. I've been sick to my stomach replaying all her actions in my head thinking I must have just missed her telling me they hurt, and recalling some stories I have heard from others about how much it hurt them. Ugh! I hate it! Anyway, she's back to the doctor in a couple weeks to make sure she has healed up fine and her hearing is normal. Keeping our fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment