Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Emergency Room

Well...that's it. Daddy is buying her a bubble. My poor baby girl needs to catch a break!
She and big brother were bathing in our tub Saturday night when I caught her crawling out of the back of the tub on to the ledge. I hollered at her to get back in the tub. Startling her as she was sliding herself back into the tub, she bumped into one of the candle sticks I had displayed and it came crashing down. It hit the tub just right to break it and the heaviest part came sliding down getting Kolbie right smack in the lower thigh just above her knee.
It was slow motion for me. I saw the candle teeter tottering, I saw it hit the the tub and as I was running I saw her leg. Ryan tells me I let out a scream but all I know is I saw my poor baby's flesh gushing blood and white matter that's supposed to be kept inside hanging on the outside. I yanked her up and was there with a towel putting pressure on it while I was trying to comfort her and her brother that everything was ok. Daddy was 2 steps behind me swiping up Kaylon to make sure he was ok as he kept crying "I love my Sissy, I love my Sissy" over and over again. Daddy got everybody dressed while I was still holding on to Kolbie's mutilated leg.
Once we got to the ER, Grammy met us to pick up Kaylon and they called us back. The doctor made sure we would be ok to hold her down while the nurse helped us and assisted the doctor in her exam and procedure. I will never forget the look on her eyes when that doctor stuck her right in her wound with the local anesthetic. They had her wrapped up in a sheet so she wouldn't move, but I was laying across her chest to hold her and make sure she couldn't see and Daddy was holding her hand and her head. It's a good thing to because she is a strong little girl. She was mortified and I'm sure traumatized from all that was going on.
She actually did very very well. She wasn't crying in car ride or in the waiting room while I'm sitting there with a blood soaked towel nearly cutting off the circulation on her leg. She did say during her screams that she wanted to her Daddy and me and no more doctor! Who could blame her.
Needless to say she got nine stitches, two underneath and seven on top. Those are to come out in 7 to 10 days during that time she needs to take her antibiotic every six hours to prevent infection apparently the antibiotics she is on for her ears won't cut it with skin infections. So now she's on two antibiotics, eardrops and pain medicine. Heaven help our medical bills. But it could've been worse! I am thankful that Kaylon wasn't hurt too.

No comments:

Post a Comment