Monday, October 26, 2009

Houston Zoo Boo

We had a great time. It has been so long since I have been to the zoo. It is nothing like i remembered. The scenery there is just beautiful. It was a little hectic with all of the people there but we lucked out with the weather. We could not have asked for a more beautiful day. Unfortunately Ryan could not join us, but Grammy Toni, Jenna, and Kinzie made the trip with us. Here are a few pictures from the day.

Me and My Monkey
(Hello pregnant belly!)

We attempted to take advantage of all the beautiful scenery and snap some pictures, but Kaylon wasn't feeling it. He is definitely a people watcher like his Mommy and of course there was plenty to look at with all the kiddo's running around in their Halloween costumes. Never the less, to see more pictures of our adventure at the Zoo click here.

Side bar about one of our animal encounters:

We walked up to a cage, paying no attention to what was in the cage of course, but I turned around and this is what I saw...


Freaky right. It was totally creepy. Perfect for Halloween. I snapped the shot, made some loud comment about his weird eyes and how that must be why they can see so well at night and laughing. I looked back and saw this....I swear...If there had not been a cage between us...I would have been dinner! I only thought his eyes were open before. Of course I backed us up slowly and left Mr. Grouchy Vulture Bird guy alone!

1 comment:

  1. Okay the vulture is totally creepy!!! But I amloving that monkey!! What a doll! We will miss him on Halloween! give that monkey a big kiss for us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete