Saturday, September 25, 2010

Kaylon's 2nd Birthday Bash

We decided to go a little more laid back on the bash this year, but had tons of birthday fun. Kaylon had lots of family show up to celebrate his day and it was the 1st year he had his little friends come and join in the fun! It was oh so cute!
We rented a birthday cake moonwalk for the back yard and it was a major hit. That thing was huge! I didn't plan any games for the party goers, instead we had a paint party! I bought several canvases for all the guest to paint with primary colors in hopes to hang them in our play room to display the ABC's and 123's. I also had some card stock paper there for the kiddos to paint if they wanted to take a painting home with them. Sounds fun, huh! I'd like to pat myself on the back for thinking that one up all on my own!
The cake was one of my favorite things this year. I designed it based on his plates and napkins that I bought. Aunt KK and I spent a whole day decorating it and only completed the bottom layer! Aunt KK had to finish it, and it tasted as good as it looked! The top was her peanut butter filling and chocolate cake and bottom layer was yellow cake with yummy strawberry filling. Hi five to Aunt KK and KK's Best Cake's!
The kiddo's were all having so much fun, I decided this year not to pull them away to open up the gifts, so we just opened them one by one with our guest as they were leaving. It seamed to work well.
I did get a few phone calls for the goodie bags that we handed out. I was trying to stick to primary colors and believe it or not it was hard to accomplish, but I found some super adorable airplane whistles to add to the bags...I know I know, whistles. You're Welcome!!
Thank you to everyone who came to join in the fun! Thanks to you, we had an awesome 2nd birthday bash!


If trouble viewing slideshow, click here.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment