Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

This year started off with a bang! Max showed up at the back door this morning! Wagging his tail, perky, and perfect as he could be. 4 days running around out in the wild. We had called all the shelters and posted all the lost dog signs, and had pretty much written him off, then the durn dog shows up. Crazy!

Pumpkin Carving

We just knew Kaylon would enjoy it this year. He liked cutting with his pumpkin knife, and he like washing them off with the water hose, but the mushy gooey insides..."Ewwwe" he says! ( I know baby, I'm ruining your son!)





Costumes

I think all little girls need to be a pumpkin on their first Halloween, so by default that made Kaylon a Scarecrow this year. Kolbie got to wear her Daddy's 1st Halloween pumpkin costume, hand made by Grammy. I almost gave in and let Kaylon be Iron Man, since he is completely obsessed, but stood my ground since I figured this would probably be the last year I get to choose, so I made his scarecrow costume.


Funny enough, neither my hat wearing boy or my bow wearing princess wanted anything to do with the contraptions to top their costumes. We got Kolbies on for a matter of minutes and were able to bribe Kaylon to put his on to go trick or treating.


Tricks and LOTS of treats!

This was Kaylons 1st year walking to houses and knocking on the door. What do you do when someone answers? Go in of course! He kept walking into peoples houses and the greeters didn't know what to do! I'd have to go in and shoo him out. Once he collected his loot, it was time to get his eat on! Silly boy wanted to eat his candy before he even got to the next house. Needless to say after the 5th house, we headed home!



Kaylon was the best at passing out candy. He said hi to everyone and had no problem giving his candy away. He even gave extra to the pretty girls! Ham!
At one point a Spider Man came and he put his hand on his chest and said "IIrrrooon Maaaan!"
Come on people, Don't you know Iron Man can kick SpiderMans butt, even when he's dressed up like a Scarecrow!!


Thanks to Grammy, Pop & Noni, Uncle David & Aunt Lori for joining in the fun!!

(Side Bar Binky Update:
It has been TORTURE the last few days with a whiny boy, but I have been sticking to my guns. He has stolen Kolbie's bink the last few nights, but I have made him give it back 1st thing in the morning. Until last night. He woke up 2 times screaming, and Kolbies bink wasn't working, so I gave in. Showed him his binky, stuck it in his mouth, silence, thank goodness....until 3 AM when he screamed his head off. To keep from waking Kolbie, into Mommy & Daddy's bed we went.)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment