Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Being Thankful

This was the very 1st year we had Thanksgiving dinner at our house. We were very happy that Daddy did not have to work this year. GG, Uncle Luke, Aunt Meagan & Aunt Brittanee, Grammy and Papa all came to visit and join in the feasting. We definitely cheated a little this year by purchasing our turkey and dressing from one of our favorite restaurants, but all the sides were homemade for sure thanks to everyones help. To end the evening, of course I had some black friday deals to catch, and I was VERY surprised that Ryan said he would go with me for the "experience." Man, oh, man...we pulled up to Toys R us seeing the line, we for sure thought half was for the Target next door, boy were we wrong! No way he was going for that line, so we went down the road to another Toys R Us store and I believe the line was longer than the last store. We are still debating that. Never the less, we parked and proceeded to stand in line outside in the cold for 3 hours. I do have to say the line was crazy but Toys R us had it together this year. We got everything on our list, checked out and in the car 30 min after we got in the door. Not bad! Enough time to make it to our local Wally World for some door busters. Got everything on our list and then some there too. I have to say I am so proud of my hubby for all the hard work he did for us standing in those long lines. He still doesn't think it was worth the money we saved but he said he would do it again next year because ( I quote) "it was good quality time with just the 2 of us." How sweet! Stinks for him, because he knows I'm going to hold him to it! All in all, one of the best Thanksgiving we have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment