Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Words!

14 months and my sweet boy is adding some words to his vocabulary. Of course his 1st word was "Da Da" despite my consistency with forcing " Ma Ma" into his brain. Of course my name ranks second in his speaking department. He will jibber jabber all day long mixed in with a few Da Da's here and there, but it's not until he wants something that he has to hold on to my leg, look up and me, and whine Ma Ma. Sometimes I swear when he's going to town with his jibber jabbering that he calls me Aimee ( I ALWAYS correct him and tell him, no I'm Mommy even if it is in my head) My Aunt KK swears she hears him say her name too. (I'm currently trying to teach him to say "I Love You Mommy" I know its a leap, but I'll let you know when we get there!...Sorry got side tracked)

Ok, 3rd I got a "Hi" from him a while back, or I guess I should clarify that it actually sounds more like "eye" but paired with a wave you get the picture. And just yesterday (was it yesterday or two day's ago? I'm not really sure, they all run together anymore) regardless...We drove back from Orange after having lunch with "Da Da" and stopped in Deer Park to pick up our Max and Lucy (that Grammy does us such a huge favor by watching them so frequently for us) I woke Kaylon up from the drive and asked him where we are as I always do hoping he will begin to recognise places we go. He was still waking up so I told him we are at Grammy and Papa's that we were there to get Max and Lucy. My precious baby looked up at me with his freshly waking up face and said "Pa Pa." It was more of a question than it was a statement. It caught me completely off guard. So of course I egged him on to repeat what he just said knowing Papa was standing at the door. I was hoping he would get to hear his name in that sweet voice. Kaylon did say it 2 more times "Pa Pa, Pa Pa" but of course my monkey doesn't perform on command so when he got to Papa he just wanted some loving. It didn't seem to matter to our 95 year old Papa whether he heard it or not, he was tickled to death that "his boy" called his name. It was pretty cute. We have been practicing since then and he'll say it now and then, but it always seems to be right before we can get to the door for Papa to hear. Oh well, soon enough I'm sure.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment