Tuesday, June 30, 2009

9 month check up

We just got back from Kaylons 9 month check up today. We were waiting in the doctor's office for over 2 hours before we finally got to see her! Ugh... I hate that! But, I know if I had an emergency I would want her to fit us into her schedule too...Anyway, No shots today! Whoo hoo! First time, so that was nice. We did get to talk to her about his size though. Every one had me a little worried in the back of my mind thinking that he was small for his age and might not be as healthy as I have been pushing for. Today he weighed in at 19 lbs 6 oz and 28 inches long. She said he was perfectly average. Half way between the 25th and 50th percentile. She said his milk to food ratio was perfectly fine at 3 8oz bottles and 2 jars of food 3 times a day. We do get to look foreword to switching him off of formula in the next few months (Cha ching! Pay raise for mommy and daddy.) We asked about mosquito's too. With his allergies , when he gets a mosquito bite it just swells up on him, like right now his foot is twice as huge at it normally is. She said stick with the Skin so Soft for now, apparently it is better than nothing, but then to rub hydracortizone on them afterwards. She did prescribe him to start taking allergy medicine every night. So, we will see how that goes. I've probably just been letting him suffer since I am not a fan a Benadryl...neither is she though...he got Zyrtec. Anyway...he was a good boy for her today, she made it easy with no shots, he lucked out because she wanted some blood and the lab was closed...that's just a double whammy for the next appt though...3 shots and a poke in the heel. Yuck. Anyway...thumbs up from the doctor today. Mommy and Daddy get a pat on the back.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure who's telling you he's small...he's perfect. He smart...he's beautiful...he's growing. H'es fine.....you know when there's something wrong with your baby....just like I knew about Britt early on. Use your instincts BabyGirl...

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete