Monday, May 16, 2011

Our 1st MS visitors

My mom and sisters decided they would come down last weekend and spend a few days with us here in MS. I can't believe we have been here a month already.

Ryan had to work Friday, so we packed up and spent the morning at the beach.

I'll never figure out why, but I guess Kaylon thinks all the sand belongs in the water. He spends the entire time getting the sand and throwing it in the ocean. Then he realized that Aunt Meag, GG and Aunt B didn't want the sand on them...so mission diverted to throwing as much sand on them as possible.

Kolbie only spent a few minutes in the sand before she decided she didn't want to be dirty. So GG got to tote her highness around.

After the beach and a good nap, we decided we would go get our 1st snow cones of the season!

What a mess but OHHHHH so yummy! Daddy met us after work at the SnowBall shop so he could witness the adorable messyness.

Since Mama and the girls were available we jumped on our chance for our 1st date night in over 2 months. So everyone headed home for dinner and a bath while we headed out for dinner and a movie.

Ryan tried to surprise me and take me to Michaels to buy and attachment for my sewing machine that I have been wanting but was totally disappointed when I told him Michaels doesnt carry many sewing supplies...but a very sweet thought, wasn't it!

For dinner I decided we would go to The Fried Green Tomato for a "home" cooked meal and Ryan decided he would sit through a chick flick with me (Something Borrowed...HIGHLY recommended :) Then we finished off the night with a couple of drinks at Ruby Tuesdays.
It was sooo nice to have some time to ourselves minus 2 children for a few hours.

SATURDAY

So, I forgot my camera pretty much the rest of the weekend, but Saturday we decided we would treat ourselves to The Buffet at the Beau Rivage and after we ate ourselves sick we ventured out for a 3 mile walk across the Biloxi Bay Bridge.
Saturday night we hung around outside while Ryan prepared us a delicious dinner of Smoked Pork Chops, baked beans, and potato salad. Yum!
In lieu of a birthday cake I opted for a trip to the cupcake shop. Oh la la! Mine was Strawberry limeade, Ryan got Coconut Dream, Meagan enjoyed Sour Cream, Mom got her Prozac, Brittanee picked cookies and cream, and the kids got Old Faithful minis. All I have to say is thank goodness for that walk earlier :)

Sunday morning when everybody was dresses and ready to go except for us, Kaylon sensed something was happening. He kept telling them to "Stay at my house!," but when went outside to wave them bye and it broke his heart. He was pretty pitiful there for about 30 seconds before crisis was diverted by helping me clean out my car! Haha! Silly boy!

It was a great visit and we can't wait for them to come back!

(Sidebar: We have had some geese at the pond in the neighboor hood that have been missing for a little while, while everyone was here visiting they decided to show back up! And look who they brought with them...
BABIES!!! So cute:)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment