Saturday, December 18, 2010

Name Game

A super exciting day in our house! Kaylon called his baby sister by her NAME!
Let me explain (a little back story)...
From the beginning I found out I was pregnant with a girl, I referred to Kolbie as "baby sister" We even played Peek a Boo with my belly trying to find her.
Strangely enough, from the very 1st moment they met..he called her "Sissy." Which has always been so super sweet. (Side bar: I think he got that name from Barney because BJ refers to Baby Bop as Sissy and as much as he loves that show he probably has every single episode down by memory!...Double Side bar: every picture of a baby even his own baby pictures he points to them and says they are Sissy.)
At this point (even still) Kaylon has yet to speak his own name.
We play the game where we point and say "who's that" and he answers, but when we point to him, just recently he has been answering "me" which I love! One step closer to his name, right! He even acknowledges when I explain to him that a picture is him when he was a baby....Baby Kaylon. Me...he says point to himself. Love it!
Just yesterday I was getting after Kolbie for getting into something and I said Kooolbbbie (real long and drawn out) and he copied me! So I pointed to her and asked him who that was. Of course he said Sissy. Then I asked him what her name was...and he said KOLBIE!
HIGH FIVE MY LITTLE MAN! YOU ARE GETTING SO BIG RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment